To make Shelly, you will need the following:
- Basic sewing supplies
- Between 0.5 - 2 meters (0.6 - 2.2 yards) of a suitable fabric, depending on size and style (see Fabric options)
- A kids’ short-sleeve rash guard can probably be made with 0.5 meters with fabric left over.
- A looser-fitting long-sleeved swim shirt or t-shirt for a tall adult will take closer to 2 meters.
- Two different colors or prints of fabric can be used (one for the sleeves, one for the bodice).
- (Optional) Ribbing fabric for the neck, if using less stretchy fabric.
- (Optional) Contrasting color thread, if making exposed seams.