Onyx One-Piece: What You Need
To make Onyx, you will need the following:
- Basic sewing supplies
- (Recommended) A serger/overlock machine. Light, strong, and stretchy seams are important for this garment.
- Between 1 - 5 meters (1.1 - 5.5 yards) of a suitable fabric, depending on size and style (see Fabric options)
- Long sleeves, long legs, use of lining, larger measurements, more ease, use of a hood, and use of a skirt will all increase fabric requirements.
- A typical adult unisuit with short sleeves and short legs with a self-lined body will take about 2 meters of fabric.
- (Optional) Rib knit fabric for the neck, arms, and legs, if desired.