Diana draped top: Designer Notes

This project started because one day I wanted to sew a sleeveless draped top with some leftover fabric I had after making another dress. I used a basic body block from Freesewing, and manually modified the pattern to create a draped neckline. Since I was pretty happy with the result, and the modifications were simple, I decided to create a Freesewing pattern for it, so it could be available for other people.

The original top I made had two layers, a nice viscose with a beautiful flower pattern that acted as a lining, and a sheer chiffon on top that let the viscose show through. The nice thing about adding a lining is that you can see it in the drape, which gives a beautiful effect!

No interesting story about the name, just the first name that came to my mind that started with the letter D of draped :)