I don’t even know where to start. Will you just look at this coat? It’s incredible.
FreeSewing user made his first coat from the Carlton pattern, putting in the extra effort on those finer details.
Boris also shared: “I used horsehair on the cuffs, and I also reinforced the vent, or as I call it “my tail”, with additional horsehair. For a bit of a different look I did do some pick stitching, and that was a way more work than I thought it would be. One thing I’ve learned the hard way is that is for heavier materials like Melton, specially the onw of 850 g/sqm, one needs to know how to do Sprat’s head, the triangle, that supports the stitching done on the back. There are instructions on the internet about that. When I started I didn’t even know the function of it. Well, I didn’t even know the name of it. For me it was a nice decor.”
And here’s a few more photos that didn’t fit any of the above description, but this coat is so good we could hardly leave any detail shots out. Enjoy a front flatlay and a picture of the inside lining. And in Boris’ words: “Thanks guys for the inspiration and I hope to see some others give it a go. 😊 ”