To make Jaeger, you will need the following:
- About two and a half meters of a suitable fabric (see Fabric options)
- Lining fabric, optionally different sleeve lining fabric
- Two larger buttons for the front, and 8 buttons for the sleeves
- A bit of lightweight fusible interfacing for local enforcement
- Canvas for the fronts and collar
- Tailor’s tape for the front edges
- Some domette for interlining
- Shoulder pads
- Sleevehead wadding, with canvas if possible
- Undercollar fabric
####### Where to get all this stuff
Making Jaeger is a fun and rewarning project, but getting all the required bits and pieces can be challenging.
That is because this kind of project is somewhat more ambitious than the typical home sewing project, and as a result, your local haberdashery is unlikely to stock all of these things.
If you know where to get them, great. If not, you can get a Jacket trim pack from Kenton Trimmings in London, they ship to international customers.
It’s a shop for professionals (they’re not even open on Saturdays) but they don’t require you to be a business to place an order.
I have no afiliation with these guys, but it’s the only place I know of that will sell you a kit of professional trimmings to make a jacket.
If you know of any other place that carries this stuff, please let us know.