(Optional) Step 1: Face the main fabric
- If needed, Interface your main fabric pieces.
Step 2: Sew the front and back panels to the bottom
Step 3: Create and attach straps
- If needed, face your straps.
- Fold the straps in half lengthwise with good sides matching.
- Sew the raw edges together making sure to leave a gap for turning.
- Turn inside out.
- Slipstich the opening closed.
- Alternatively EdgestitchSee Edgestitching in the Sewing documentation all the edges.
- Attach one strap to the front panel and one strap to the back panel by sewing a rectangle and a cross.
The placement of the straps are not on the pattern and need to be determined. You may need to baste the zipper panel to the front and back panels to help figure out the placement.
If using bag strap webbing instead of fabric made straps do the following,
- Cut the webbing to the the length of the straps with seam allowance.
- Press under the short edge seam allowance.
- Attach the webbing the same way as the fabric straps.
Step 4: The zipper
- Insert the zipper into the zipper panel making sure that the zipper pull is on the good side.
(Optional) Step 5: Construct tabs.
- Construct tabs the same as the straps just shorter.
- Baste the tabs good sides togetherSee Good sides together in the Sewing documentation to the short edges of the zipper panel so the tabs face inward.
We recommend the tabs to be about a quarter length of the straps.
Step 6: Attach the zipper panel
Step 7: Prep the side panels
- Press under the top seam allowance of the side panel reinforcement parts.
- Place the side panel reinforcement parts on top of the side panels matching the raw edges.
- EdgestitchSee Edgestitching in the Sewing documentation the folded edge of the reinforcement parts to the side panels.
- Baste the raw edges together.
Step 8: Attach the side panels to the tube
- With good sides togetherSee Good sides together in the Sewing documentation sew the side panels to the tube matching notches to the bottom and zipper panel seams.
- If binding the edges rather than turning, sew with wrong sides together instead.
- If not binding the edges leave a gap in one of the sides for turning.
- Turn inside out and Slipstich the opening closed.
- If sewn wrong sides together bind the raw edges of the side panels.
It is recommended to leave the gap for turning on the side rather than the top or bottom as it needs less reinforcement.
Step 9: Lining
Step 10: Enjoy!
That's it! You are all done! Now go enjoy you new bag!