Depending on how much fabric is available, you might want to cut two top and or side parts, hence the instructions on the pattern himself. Warning: The pattern includes the seam allowances on the top part so if you cut it on fold, don’t include them!
The brim bottom part is inset, while the brim top part is offset so that the seam falls “underneath the brim edge”. Keep that in mind when cutting the parts, and mark them accordingly, so that you don’t end up with the seam on top of the brim (I don’t want to force you into this design choice, I simply want to point out the difference between the parts so that you are aware of it and act accordingly)
- Main fabric
- Cut 1 top on the fold but don’t include the center seam allowance, or 2 top with the center seam allowance.
- Cut 1 side on the fold, or 2 side.
- Cut 1 brim top .
- Cut 1 brim bottom.
- Lining fabric
- Cut 1 top on the fold but don’t include the seam allowance, or 2 top with the center seam allowance
- Cut 1 side on the fold, or 2 side
- Cut 1 brim interfacing. Tape the pattern part to the plastic, don’t cut the notches in the plastic, but you can mark it (engrave it, or with permanent marker maybe). You don’t really want any sharp edge, so make sure everything is smooth and rounded a bit (especially on the pointy sides)
A typical Florent layout looks like this: